Sunday, November 20, 2011

Halloween costumes

This year I designed all the halloween costumes. I couldn't find patterns for what I wanted, so I made the patterns myself. Abby's was easier than I thought would be, and I couldn't get the sleeve just like I wanted. The wings were easier than I thought, and super cheap.

ANGEL

Lexi's was the easiest since I actually used a pattern or 3. I used one pattern for the bodice, one for the sleeve and a different one for the skirt.
PINK FLAMINGO- although she didn't wear the mask.
I told the girls to be creative with what they wanted to be.
So we were looking through a magazine and Ellie saw an ad for goldfish crackers,
and decided that was what she wanted to be.
So I looked online for ideas. I found this one and did my best to make one like it.
It was a pretty complicated pattern, but I love how it turned out.
I purposely made mine shorter, since Ellie kept tripping over her princess costume at the skate party last year.

GOLDFISH

And me as a Serving Wench

No comments: