Friday, March 25, 2011

Cupcakes

I have been wanting to try frosting cupcakes this way for quite a while.
It is so trendy, and it looked like fun.
It turned out that it was harder than it loos to make it look good.
Good thing these cupcakes were good.
Really they were AWESOME, no just good.
And it was way fun frosting them.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/throwdown-with-bobby-flay/red-velvet-cupcakes-recipe/index.html

Yes they are Red Velvet cupcakes, but notice that distinct lack of red color.
I just couldn't make myself use an entire bottle of food coloring.
I mean food coloring is not good for you anyway, but that much must be really bad.
So I substituted 2 1/2 T balsamic vinegar for the food coloring.
And I used half of the butter it called for in the recipe.

YUMMO!!!!

No comments: